Position: Director of Development
Supervisor: Executive Director
Purpose of Position
To plan, implement, and manage philanthropic activities of the Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra by engaging the community in the mission of the Symphony and generating revenue to support organizational projects and programs via fundraising best practices.
- Develop and manage a high-quality, growing philanthropy program through the achievement of clearly defined, measurable goals.
- Serve as primary fundraiser, achieving short- and long-term financial goals.
- Lead stewardship program, working with Board of Directors Development Committee and current donors, and engage and cultivate new volunteers and supporters to grow donor portfolio.
- Oversee database management to ensure accuracy of donor profiles, records, and reporting.
- Attend community events to support external relations and build supporter portfolio and business partnerships.
- Assist with DSSO donor events, activities and concerts
- Develop reporting mechanisms through technology to ensure effective data management
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2+ years related to fundraising or arts management. Experience working with an arts or cultural institution is preferred. Love of orchestral music in a live performance setting is essential.
Skills: Computer literate with Microsoft Office and donor database software, excellent writing, analytical, and research skills, ability to meet aggressive goals in a fast-paced environment, excellent time management skills, outstanding interpersonal skills and able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
Salary: $45,000, with opportunity for bonus if revenue targets are achieved
Benefits: DSSO will pay 70% of an individual’s fee on our employee BCBS MN plan
PTO: Position starts with 10 Days of Paid Vacation, 6 Sick Days and One Personal Day