EMMANUEL CHABRIER España BORN: January 18, 1841, in Ambert, Puy-de-Dôme, France DIED: September 13, 1894, in Paris WORK COMPOSED: 1883 WORLD PREMIERE: November 4, 1883, at Théâtre du Château d’Eau for the Société des Nouveaux Concerts in Paris, Charles Lamoureux conducting Emmanuel Chabrier is best known today for the orchestral showpiece España. His small body […]
- Lynn Harrell Plays Dvořák's Cello Concerto
- Lynn Harrell joins the Orchestra with Dvořák's immortal Cello Concerto.
- A Night at the Movies
- The DSSO pays homage to some of the greatest film scores of all time.
- A Night at the Opera
- Get ready to be held spellbound as the Lyric Opera of the North joins the DSSO.
- New Year's Eve: Time Warp
- Get ready to do the Time Warp as the DSSO is joined by Jeans 'n Classics for The Music of Rocky Horror!
- Obsession: Mendelssohn & Berlioz
- Obsession. A feeling that composers Hector Berlioz and Michael Daugherty channeled into their musical works.