It’s that time of the year! The MOST WONDERFUL TIME of the year! Charitable Giving and the DSSO! Two Important Reasons to Give Now… As we’re all busily wrapping and mailing packages, planning our holiday menus and welcoming family we’re probably also thinking about those year end gifts. Some of us take the week between […]
- New Year's Journey
- Itinerary: Don't Stop Believin' this is going to be an epic New Year's Eve Adventure as the full orchestra rocks the house with the music of Journey with special guest Jeans 'n Classics. DANCE ALERT! Don't be surprised if you find yourself dancing in your seat—or even the aisles.
- British Isles
- Itinerary: We’re starting our amazing journey with a first-time-ever-in-Minnesota performance of Ethel Smyth’s On The Cliffs of Cornwall from The Wreckers. Traveling over towering mountains and glittering lochs with our talented concertmaster, Erin Aldridge, and finishing up by meeting up with some of Elgar’s closest friends.
- Catch the Big Wave
- Itinerary: Pack light. The eight-piece band of Big Wave Dave and the Ripples joins the DSSO for a heart-pounding soul, funk, rock and blues tour that will have us dancing in our seats. DANCE ALERT! Don't be surprised if you find yourself dancing in your seat—or even the aisles.
- Across Germany
- Itinerary: Rising superstar, young Finnish pianist Juho Puhjonen will take us to new heights with Brahms’ Piano Concerto No.2. We’ll also continue our collaboration with Minnesota Public Radio, performing and recording Beethoven’s Symphony No.7.
- Toward the Heavens
- Itinerary: We’ll be treated to compelling and seldom explored works by Tchaikovsky and Mendelssohn on this don’t-miss sojourn. Unforgettable melodies and powerful choruses will inspire us.