BRITISH ISLES | FEB 9
7 PM | DECC SYMPHONY HALL
Music Director Dirk Meyer previews the repertoire for Masterworks 4, British Isles
VENUE & CONCERT INFORMATION
Information regarding Symphony Hall and other events happening at the DECC:
IMPORTANT SYMPHONY BUS INFO
- Route 3 (Westwood / Valentinis / Central Hillside Community Center) is FULL
- Route 2 (Pines / Chateau / Ecumen) is running 2 buses for this concert and spots are still available.
- Please call us by noon on Friday, Feb. 8th to make a reservation
- If you already have reservations but are planning to take alternative transportation, please call 218-623-3776 to cancel.
PARKING AT THE DECC
- Parking in the DECC ramp is $5
- Other events taking place at the DECC on Feb 9th:
- Father Daughter Dance – 5 pm
- UMD Women’s Hockey Game – 4 pm
- Please plan accordingly when parking at the DECC or nearby.
- For alternative parking options click here
- We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes prior to the event. This ensures ample time to grab any tickets, a beverage, and your seat.
EVENTS BEFORE THE CONCERT
- 5 pm – Will Call / Season Ticket Assistance Window opens
- 6 – 6:30 pm – Concert Prelude Talks with Bill Bastian on the Mezzanine Level
- 6 – 6:30 pm – School Spotlight with Superior High School Chamber Orchestra in Ticket Lobby
- 6:30 – 6:50 pm – Duluth Scottish Heritage Highland Dancers on Mezzanine
SOLOIST, ERIN ALDRIDGE
- DSSO Concertmaster, Erin Aldridge will join the Orchestra as the soloist in Max Bruch’s Scottish Fantasy. Aldridge has been with the DSSO since 2003 beginning her tenure in the first violin section. She then won the Concertmaster position in the spring of 2005. The Orchestra is honored to have her soloing with them for this performance.
- Ethel Smyth: On the Cliffs of Cornwall from The Wreckers
- Max Bruch: Scottish Fantasy featuring Erin Aldridge soloing
- 20 Minute Intermission
- Edward Elgar: Enigma Variations
Still need tickets?
Or give our box office a call direct at 218-623-3776