Check out all the latest things happening with the DSSO in the Winter Edition of the Quarter Notes Newsletter here.
- Unforgettable Views
- Itinerary: We’re taking an emotional journey like no other with Faure’s Requiem and Mahler’s epic Symphony No.5. From the opening funeral march to the triumphant ending, this symphony will touch our souls.
- Home for the Holidays - Matinee 3pm
- Itinerary: This musical day trip takes us home where we should be to celebrate with family and friends. Enjoy this traditional DSSO afternoon of song, costumes and an abundance of holiday spirit.
- New Year's Journey
- Itinerary: Don’t stop believin’ this is going to be an epic New Year’s Eve adventure as the full orchestra rocks the house with a tribute to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band Journey. Don’t miss this one. DANCE ALERT! Don't be surprised if you find yourself dancing in your seat—or even the aisles.
- British Isles
- Itinerary: We’re starting our amazing journey with a first-time-ever-in-Minnesota performance of Ethel Smyth’s On The Cliffs of Cornwall from The Wreckers. Traveling over towering mountains and glittering lochs with our talented concertmaster, Erin Aldridge, and finishing up by meeting up with some of Elgar’s closest friends.
- Catch the Big Wave
- Itinerary: Pack light. The eight-piece band of Big Wave Dave and the Ripples joins the DSSO for a heart-pounding soul, funk, rock and blues tour that will have us dancing in our seats. DANCE ALERT! Don't be surprised if you find yourself dancing in your seat—or even the aisles.